Smile is a very important factor in communication with people. Coloring and deformities in the teeth prevent people from smiling comfortably. Thanks to modern aesthetic dentistry, you can enjoy a confident smile. Laminate Veneer, one of the aesthetic dentistry applications, is a method of gluing thin shells to the front surface of the teeth, prepared separately to correct minor aesthetic problems. Laminate veneer; It is a state-of-the-art solution where you can enjoy white and healthy teeth.
What is Laminate Veneer?
It is one of the cosmetic dental treatments that helps to enhance the beauty of the teeth, change their appearance and eliminate some dental problems. In this treatment method, measurements are taken after a minimum abrasion of 0.3 – 0.5 mm on the front surfaces of the teeth. Afterwards, it is completed by applying porcelain in the form of false nails to the tooth surfaces. In this treatment, the thin layer adhered to the teeth changes the color, size and shape of the tooth. It is a technique that can achieve results in a much shorter time than treatment methods such as orthodontics .
How is Laminate Veneer Treatment Performed?
First of all, in the examination, the relationship between the teeth, upper and lower anterior teeth is carefully examined to determine the applicability of this treatment to the patient. Impressions are then taken before the patient’s teeth are cut. In addition, with the model specially prepared for each patient, how the mouth will look before the teeth are cut can be seen in 3D. The teeth are then abraded and a mold is prepared to create veneers that specifically fit the teeth. Coatings are created in the laboratory according to the prepared mold. When the permanent veneers are ready, the teeth are prepared for bonding and the bonding process is performed. A special focused light is used to fully adhere the coating to the tooth. Laminates are only as thick as contact lenses. In addition, there is no need to change the enamel and structure of the tooth when placing the laminate.
Who Is Laminate Veneer Suitable For?
Laminate Veneer; It is suitable for people who have discolored teeth due to prescription drugs, smoking or root canal treatment . It is also recommended for people with minor cosmetic damage to their teeth or disproportionately large spaces between teeth. If you are looking for small and quick corrections in smile design in general or the shape and form of your few teeth, this form of treatment may be a very good option for you.
Sometimes, an initial treatment such as gingival reshaping may be required for one or more teeth before veneers or lamina are placed. Sometimes, none of these treatments are possible and the patient may need orthodontic treatment. If it is necessary to close the spaces between the teeth, lengthen and reshape the teeth, the Laminate Veneer method can be applied for the treatment of broken or cracked teeth. In addition, this technique can be preferred as an alternative to porcelain veneers for smile design and correction of slightly crooked teeth in patients who do not like the color of their teeth, who want permanent whiteness, and who do not like their smile.
What Should Be Considered After Laminate Veneer Treatment?
There are some issues that the patient should pay attention to after this treatment. First of all, the patient should pay attention to food choices. Very hard and crusty foods should not be eaten. Because these substances can break the bonded lamina coatings. After the Laminate Veneer treatment is complete, a follow-up appointment with the dentist should be made to evaluate how the veneers fit. Based on this examination result, the dentist examines how the veneers interact with the gums. Gives the patient any advice for cleaning the gums or teeth.
The toothpaste to be chosen for tooth cleaning should not be abrasive in order not to spoil the surface of the veneers. In addition, if the patient is grinding or clenching their teeth frequently, they may recommend wearing a night guard while sleeping to protect the veneers. Along with daily brushing, flossing is also very important. A soft food diet is usually recommended for the first few days after treatment. However, it takes some time for the patient to get used to the new structure of their teeth.
What is the Life of Laminate Veneer?
Laminate Veneer life is close to 15 years, although it varies according to the sensitivity of the user. Its lifespan largely depends on how well it is maintained. However, the lifetime is also increased if the patient follows the dentist’s instructions. The life of composite veneers is about 5 to 7 years, while the durability of laminate and porcelain veneers is about 10 to 15 years. In addition, the thermal expansion of Laminate Veneer is similar to tooth enamel, which increases its durability.
Is There Any Damage to Laminate Veneer?
Laminate Veneer application does not harm the teeth. Sometimes the color of Laminate Veneer may not exactly match the natural tooth color of the patient. In addition, grinding or a strong blow to the teeth can cause the veneers to separate from the teeth and fall off. While lamina is only a contact lens thick and a thinner alternative to porcelain veneers, it can create volume in the teeth when placed without changing the tooth. Lamina requires minimal preparation; they are not dyed by substances such as cigarettes, tea, coffee and allow light to pass. Thus, Laminate Veneer cannot be distinguished from natural teeth. For this reason, it is one of the most ideal aesthetic dental treatment methods today.
What is the Difference Between Laminated Porcelain and Zirconium Veneers?
The differences between porcelain laminate application and zirconium coating can be listed as follows:
- Zirconium is a coating method that completely covers the tooth. Lamina porcelain is applied only to the front of the teeth and is applied to each tooth separately.
- Porcelain laminate veneers, on the other hand, are made of porcelain and are usually made in laboratories. Porcelain veneer can take 3 days to make. It takes approximately 1-2 hours to adhere the porcelain veneer to the tooth.
- It takes about 20 minutes to 2 hours to bond zirconium veneers.
- Zirconium veneers better mimic the effect of tooth enamel and reflect light more naturally.
- Zirconium veneers can last longer than leaf porcelain applications.
- Zirconium coating is more preferred because it can be applied in a shorter time and it covers the female.
- It is possible to apply a bridge for missing teeth in zirconium veneer. Lamina porcelain treatment is not suitable for bridge application.
- Zirconium veneer has a more durable structure against external factors than porcelain lamina.
- In cases where a satisfactory result cannot be obtained with the filling and in cases where tissue loss is expected to be high, zirconium coating is often preferred.
- In addition, zirconium coating is preferred in bridge and crown treatments, in cases where there is intense discoloration of the teeth, restoration of fractures that cannot be corrected with filling applications, and if the gaps between the teeth cannot be closed with laminate coating or different treatment methods.
- Zirconium veneer is more resistant to staining that will occur on the teeth in the future compared to lamina porcelain application.
- Zirconium veneer can be used easily even in patients with metal allergies, thanks to its compatibility with natural teeth.
What are Laminate Veneer Prices?
Laminate Veneer prices; It differs according to the raw material to be used in the treatment. Which treatment is best for you depends entirely on you, your dentist and what you expect from the treatment. In addition, the cost of this type of treatment; The type and duration of the treatment also vary depending on the dentist, the area of residence and other applications needed before or during the treatment. It is possible for you to have the smile of your dreams and healthy white teeth. Clinic 34, with its expert dentist staff, is with you in this regard! You can learn the whole process in detail by contacting immediately, and you can add beauty to your smile with the right treatment.